Tuesday, April 30, 2013

As the Crow Flies



I will sit upon my throne in this rousing coliseum of nature’s curses
Oceans of leaves applaud me from the cheap seats
A pious crow calls to his flock a prayer of remembrance
The choir sings

-Laura Chowanski
"My Palace, My Prison"
"As the Crow Flies"
Applique Fabric Art by Laura Chowanski of Xcentric Designs

Look Closer and you will see where the crow flies and why he cries out.

PAST

PRESENT

FUTURE?


This is where I keep "As the Crow Flies" on my bedroom wall.

The fan my son brought me back from China.

On the left I have a CROW mirror I bought from an Artisan a while ago - my Grandmother's prayer drape over it.

The plate on the mirror says:
Wherever crows are
there is Magic


The Mother-of-pearl inlay letter opener on the right my husband's Grandfather brought back from Korea.

The watercolor of Rottenburg, Germany, on the left I bought from a Polish woman near a bridge within the walled city.
(Girl trip with my Mom when My brother worked in Munchen.)

On the right is a plate etching of King Kong climbing the Empire State Building I bought at a craft fair near Columbus Circle in NYC.
(My husband proposed to me at the top of the Empire State Building)

The picture on the bottom is my son doing a karate kick in front of a large Buddha on the top of a mountain in China.




No comments:

Post a Comment