Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Silent Screams




The dream is poetic.
No meter or rhyme: timing or consistency. 
The most brilliant of which lingers with the scent of yesterday.
Breathe deep the memories of a time or place.   
Real or imagined.
Snapshots of unconscious observations comingle with loathing.
Static fear.
Stifled cries.

One labored step after another
heavy eyelids and spastic joints.
Cameos of faces from the past or with publicly induced fame that does not impress me.
Larger than the life of the woken.
Grander.
Uncomfortable.

Fabulous moments of shocks and terror.
People doing strange things
Strange people who are relevant yet insane
where whim is rational and my voice is ineffective.
Inconsequential.
A concoction of all life’s hidden desires
 conscious wants and
disturbing appetites’.
Delusions.

One more moment of ecstasy in my slumber
One last visit from the mocha woman with the glittery soft breasts. 
Please let me cum before I wake.
Please let me wake before the dying shot kills me!
Metaphoric pain.
Voiceless whispers.
Silent screams.

Excruciating desire for this world of Escher to be a dream.
Desperately in need of my conscious life.
It wasn’t that bad,       
was it?
Exhale into the waking world relieved and disappointed.
Why the hell would I want to live there anyway?
                               The anti-me
The real me?
The part that has become broken and unhinge
Plagued with the absurd
in desperate need of repair.
But by whom?
By me?
In the madness of the moment who will save me when I cannot save myself?

Who will wake me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment